Monday, October 24, 2011

Red Robin Review

In my Socially Gluten Free with Kids blog I mentioned how much I liked Red Robin. They are one of the very few restaurants that have a kid friendly gluten free menu. Most restaurants just offer pizza or mac n cheese for kids that are of course not GF. So for family gatherings we frequent Red Robin. I love the fact that they put our special ordered fries and food in yellow baskets instead of their normal red ones so we know that our food is safe. I love that I can eat a burger there, it's always protein style -wrapped in lettuce. I also love their service. The wait staff has always been nice and helpful when we take our time ordering our food. I've had them catch my mistake of not requesting GF fries with my protein style burger more then once before and they take care of it right away.

It's not unknown how Red Robin takes care of their GF customers so that is why I've never written a review on them before. However, this weekend we went to celebrate my husband's and daughter's up coming birthdays with family and I was shocked when I went to order my food. As I went through the normal routine of requesting GF fries and protein style burger, our waiter interjected to let me know that they now carry GF buns! What a delightful surprise! So I ordered mine with a bun and my daughter's burger with a bun too. It was so nice to eat a burger on a bun just like everyone else. I always feel like I have to be careful when ordering my burger protein style because it leaks if I get one of their burgers that comes with a sauce and I have secretly wished they had GF buns so I could order one of their messy burgers like the Red Robin Royal that comes with a fried egg on top.



The bun was very nice. It wasn't hard and it didn't fall apart either when wet, even my daughter's left overs didn't get soggy while sitting in mandarin orange juice over night. It didn't have much of a distinct flavor which was also nice. I could tell it was make with a lot of starch with how fluffy it was, but they also toasted the bun and that helped with texture. It was made with yeast, but sometimes you can't be too picky. It was so nice just to have a burger on a bun. Next time I'm ordering a burger that is messy like the Royal or the mushroom or the avocado one. This time I just got the bacon burger which was good.

1 comment:

  1. Super excited to hear they have GF buns now! Red Robin is a popular meeting spot for our family since they do offer a great GF menu.
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...