Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

This recipe is a happy accident.  I wanted to make cookies and just started playing with a recipe that went into a different direction and now I have muffins and they taste good, toddler approved too. This recipe is very much a happy accident because I will be working a women's conference all weekend at my church which means no time for breakfast and I'll have to bring my own food. They will be serving lunch at this conference, but I can't eat it of course, and I'll be having rehearsal during part of the lunch hour. So these muffins are just what I needed for a grab and go breakfast or snack. I hope you enjoys these muffins.

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
3 cups Pamela's Pancake Mix (or your favorite flour blend)
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree (I used pumpkin I processed myself so you might need to add some water)
1 stick butter or butter substitute
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cream together butter, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add pancake mix, pumpkin pie spice, salt, cocoa, and beat until well combined. Line muffin tin with paper liners and fill each liner 3/4 of the way full. I used a mini ice cream scoop and it took about 2 scoops of batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the fullest muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before eating. Makes 12-16 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...