Monday, November 7, 2011

New Twist on the Birthday Cupcake

For my daughter's birthday I wanted to jazz things up a bit but make things easy for me as well. So I made my traditional Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes but I did them in a new way. A friend of mine made these for her daughter's birthday and I thought it was a great idea. Ice cream cone cupcakes. What's not to love? They don't need a wrapper and it's a novel idea. I had the kids decorate their own and they had a blast. I put down a base layer of frosting and then they did the rest.

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Follow recipe from Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
Gluten free ice cream cones

Here's how to do the rest. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place the cones in a muffin tin and secure with tin foil to keep them upright. Use a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to spoon into the ice cream cones. With the small scoop it was two scoops per cone. Bakes for 30-45 minutes. They take a long time. The normal recipe takes more time then normal none pumpkin cupcakes, but with the cone they take even more time. So check them every 10 minutes after the standard baking time with a toothpick. It is done with the top is solid and the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Take out of the oven and let them cool out of the muffin tin. Makes 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...