Monday, October 3, 2011

Mini Pizzas

I love the idea of making mini pizzas. When I first learned to cook, at the age of eight, the first recipe I could make on my own and had memorized was mini pizza's using pre-made biscuits. For some reason I just have never attempted mini pizzas since going GF. I thought the pancake mix would work well, it makes great biscuits, so why not mini pizzas? It worked great. It was nice and fluffy like the pre-made biscuits and it could withstand the toppings without getting soggy.  Plus they are perfect for little hands and mouths, and quick enough for a weeknight meal.

And what little kid doesn't like pizza? If my picky eater is in one of her no eating funks I know what what will cure it in a heart beat - pizza. As I've said before, we love pizza. My husband is an awesome pizza maker, gluten free and non. I love making pizza too, in fact it's a family affair these days. My husband either helps me make the dough or he does it, if he isn't home, which is frequently with his new job, I make it. My main job has always been the sauce. We both help with toppings and my daughter's job is to eat the cheese before it makes it to the pizza and help place the toppings. For these mini pizzas we did two types of toppings - all cheese for my daughter, and sauteed tomato and onions for mine and my husbands.



Mini Pizzas
1 cup Pamela's Pancake Mix
1 egg
1 Tbs oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix pancake mix together with egg, oil, and seasoning. Slowly add water and mix. The batter should be thick but not stiff. Spoon 6 dollops of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet and smooth into 4 inches rounds with a spatula or a big spoon. Bake the dough for 10-15 minutes, until the the crusts are lightly golden brown. Then take them out of the oven and put on sauce and favorite toppings. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Makes 6 mini pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...