Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thirty-One Gifts: New Lunch Bag Review

For people with celiac disease or any other type of food allergies, bringing our own food with us everywhere is part of daily life. I don't mind bring my own food everywhere we go, because I rather not be a bother. I want to enjoy the company of those around me, instead of making them feel bad that they didn't bother to make something for me to eat. Plus if we are at a party, I may never know until we get to the party what we can have and what my daughter will want to eat. I can try to predict what she will want to have, but I'm usually wrong - all the more reason to bring our own food just in case she is being picky.

For the last few years I've been carrying our food in the same travel insulated bag: a black Enfamil formula bag that I got at the hospital the day my daughter was born. It was great when my daughter was smaller. It held a bottle and homemade baby food really well, ice pack and all, but as she started to eat more and the need for me to bring two meals everywhere it became obsolete. We have other insulated lunch bags, but they could only hold meals for at least two people and the walls were very thick, so they took up space, but they didn't have much space inside for food. If we ever wanted to go on a picnic we would have to bring two lunch bags for just the three of us. Between diaper bag and purse, adding two lunch bags to the load was becoming a bit too much.

About a month ago I won a gift certificate from Thirty-One Gifts. I've heard of them, but didn't even know what products they carried. I was excited to see that all of their products were tote bags or home good type stuff that are very cute and super chic. I really like that this company is based on Christian morals. The name of the company is after Proverbs 31, which is about the ideal Godly woman (if you read it please note that she has help). This is another one of those home sales companies, but it's good to see this one has a solid foundation. This company may only be several years old, but I can see them being around for a long time. They have lots of great products, and changing fashions will keep their items fresh. They also have stuff for the men in your lives. Maybe one of these days I'll get one of their aprons with the CTC logo.
 
So, when I was looking at their catalog for the first time, I was kind of in the market for a new purse until I came across the Thermals section of the catalog. I knew what I wanted. I got the Thermal Tote, it's 9.5 H x 14 W x 4.5 D. The walls are insulated and are great for keep things hot or cold, plus they are thin so I can really cram stuff in there. There is a nice big pocket on the front, perfect for napkins or stevia packets. It folds up flat for easy storage too, no big bulky lunch bags taking up space in my pantry anymore.

Two meals worth packed for a picnic, with room to spare.

 I love the fact that I can choose my own fabric and I even got our initial embroidered on the front too.  I got the Circle Spiral fabric because it's bright and funky, and I like funky. I thought the bright fabric would be great if for some reason we ever forget it some where. I could easily identify it from far away, plus it has our initial on it so that will help if I ever have to report it missing. They have several different kinds of thermal totes, in all different sizes so you can choose the one that best fits your family. I'm so excited that I got mine just in time for the holiday season, this will be perfect for all of those Christmas parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...