Friday, March 2, 2012

Trip Preparations

From Stock.xchng
I'm preparing to go on a road trip that will cross a few states. I am going to the Seeds Conference at Church on the Move in Tulsa. This is my first road trip since my new diet lifestyle. I'm not the only GF person going, which is a comfort on many levels, so I've been busy preparing a bunch of snacks for the road trip. I'm making a few recipes that I found off of Pinterest that I did pin to my recipe board. Here is a complete list of what I am making, and hopefully this will help some of you that might be going a trips this spring or summer.

I made these cereal bars from Tessa the Domestic Diva. They are really simple and easy to make, and I think I'll keep making these again in the future and keep a stock pile of flavors in the fridge.

I also made these no bake Larabars. I hope these turn out well. I haven't tried them yet. There are a lot of good looking and healthy recipes from this blog that include chocolate.

I also made these no bake oatmeal and carrot balls. They smelled really good and I can't wait to eat one of these on the open road.

I also made doughnut holes from Pamela's. A few of these are already missing from my stash for the trip, everyone likes these and I love how easy they are to make.

I am also bringing along my own creation, Spiced Pumpkin Muffins. My daughter has already snagged one of these fresh from the oven. These will be great for breakfasts. I know the hotel will have breakfast, but you never know what is safe in those situations.

I am freezing all of my creations before our trip and then we are are taking a cooler of goodies for the trip. I'm also thinking of making and taking, salads in a jar. I saw them on Pinterest and they look like a nice and easy way to bring salads along on a road trip.

I plan on documenting my meals as we travel and report what I find; the good, the bad, and hopefully the yummy. So stay tuned for some road side adventures in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...