Monday, June 6, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie (Bisquick Style)

Things have been crazy lately, just a lot of stuff going on and I have two injuries I'm covering from. That is right I have two injuries. I mentioned in a previous post that I broke a toe, well now I've broken my tailbone. So it's been fun, can't sit or stand very well for long periods of time. My husband has had to play mom and dad and the cooking has been simple. I'm starting to feel better so this week it's back to work for me - writing. I am working on stuff for church, this blog and my examiner articles. I'm slaking in all of my writing projects and mom/wife duties since I got hurt. But life goes on and so will I.

Here is a recipe that I've been making since college. I used to do this Bisquick but I have since changed it to to gluten free pancake mix. This is also my entry to Pamela's Products recipe contest. I hope it does well. The theme is convince and this recipe is very convenient. It uses left overs and frozen vegetables. This is a great recipe for quick weekday dinners. It is a great one dish meal too. My daughter loved it and started chowing down before we said our prayers, that is how much she loves this pot pie. I love that she loves it because she just shovels it into her mouth with out noticing if her bit has veggies or chicken in it, she just keeps eating and saying how much she loves it; makes a mommy happy.



Chicken Pot Pie (Bisquick Style)
Double pancake recipe by Pamela's Pancake Mix
1 cup left over cooked chicken shredded
1 cup frozen vegetable mix thawed*
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together pancake mix and add Italian seasoning. Add the shredded chicken and vegetables, stir until well mixed. Pour into a lightly greased pie pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Pie is done with edges and top are lightly golden brown. Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Let pie sit for a few minutes before serving. Makes 4-5 servings.

* I used California Blend veggie mix which as large pieces, so it measures out to 2 cups. So I thawed them out and then chopped them up using kitchen scissors, once I did that it come down to 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...