Monday, May 23, 2011

Snikiddy: Product Review


This week my family and I tried Snikiddy Baked Fries. We saw these at our health foods store on sale and thought why not give them a try. A quick read over the label and I like what I saw. This product is gluten free, preservative free, MSG free, corn syrup free, peanut and nut free, and no bad fats. This product does contain cornmeal and has some dairy, of course the cheese ones have more dairy in them. This company is a mom and daughter team who have the passion for good food for good health. The name is a shorted from the word persnickety. You can read more about that on their web site.

We tried the original and the ketchup flavored ones. We liked them a lot. They are baked and not fried, which I liked. They are also low in salt, compared to most chips. My daughter ate them up, but with her favorite condiment- ketchup. I think my daughter had the right idea dipping these into something. Because they are baked so they are kinda dry and they needed a sauce to go with them. I loved how filling these are, just a few or a small handful was enough to feel satisfied. This is normally the kind of snack my daughter would try to live off of for days, but just a few served next to her hot dog at lunch was enough. She of course liked the ketchup flavored ones the best.

I can't really say if this snack is good for the food budget because we got them on sale, but you can get a coupon online. They only bad things about them is that they are really dry, but not a turn off at all. It seems that the ones with added flavor elements weren't as dry as the original. It would be nice if they at least made the original ones dairy free too. It is nice to have a flavorful snack that is gluten free. So many chips and other snack foods use gluten as a binding agent for chips, but these are practically worry free.

They have many other flavors and we hope to try them all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...