Monday, April 16, 2012

Two Cookies, Six Eggs


I have finally found two cookie recipes that my family loves. I've never been a great gluten free cookie maker, but now that I have two recipes under my belt, we are all happy. I love how these two recipes work together and I can make them back to back.

The first cookie is the Flourless Fudge Cookie from King Arthur Flour. I didn't come up with this recipe and I make it as the recipe states, except I double it because we loves these cookies so much. Here is the link to these sinfully good cookies: Flourless Fudge Cookies.

The next cookie is called Egg Yoke Cookies. The name says it all. I like these cookies because the Flourless Fudge Cookies when doubled uses 6 egg whites. Now what am I to do with 6 egg yokes? Make cookies! I had to alter this recipe to make it GF and healthier. Here is the link to the original recipe. To make this recipe healthier I use bean butter.

I love bean butter. It is the best thing I've discovered on Pinterest. You take beans, any color, but white works the best over all, and you cook and puree them and freeze them in per-measured amounts. You can used canned beans too. It's a 1:1 ratio for the bean puree to butter. I've used it in cakes, cookies, muffins, doughnuts, and crepes. It makes my baking fat free, low in calories and healthy with a boost of protein. Here is the link for how to make bean butter.



Gluten Free Egg Yoke Cookies
1 cup butter or Earth Balance or bean butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 egg yokes or 3 whole eggs
2 1/2 cups Pamela's baking mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract (You can use any extract you like. The original uses lemon and orange. I think I combination of almond and orange would be divine.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together sugar and butter. Note: if using beat butter it doesn't really cream like normal butter or Earth Balance does. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add in baking mix, baking powder, vanilla and extract of your choice; mix until well combined. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to drop cookies onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar over each cookie. Bake for 10 mins. Let cookies cool in pan before transferring them. Makes 3 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...