Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lets Get Real for a Minute...

This is a food blog, but it is also a religious blog. Occasionally I share my thoughts and feelings about certain things in relation to food and God. I've talked about how to respond to social issues with a Christian attitude, Christmas, things I've learned during fasting, and more.  Now I feel that it is important to get even more real. I understand that sharing my faith can be cause for controversy and I don't want to start anything, but I feel like I need to share this and talk about this. It isn't easy to share my beliefs and talk about it sometimes and I think many of us who call ourselves Christians can understand that sometimes it is a scary thing to share our faith, so bare with me.

My church is starting this series on Breaking Free. This is the second time we've made this a church wide event and this time we are including the world wide web. We are posting streaming video of this series and making it easy for everyone with internet to be apart of this series.

This series is about truly being free in Christ the way he wants us to be free. Most of think that God can't truly make us free. We've done things or have come from a past that we don't think can be forgiven or healed. When this series first came out at our church a few years ago I was a complete skeptic. I didn't think I had anything to break free from. I thought my walk with God was fine, but I learned so much and grew closer to God out of this series. I learned that there were areas of my life that I thought I had given over to God or weren't problems anymore, but the truth was I hadn't and they still bothered me, I was just in denial. After going through this series I truly believe that everyone who wants to grow closer to God or experience freedom or just wants to get right with God needs to go through this. It starts this weekend, Feb 11/12, but it's also online.

How this series works there is a workbook that can be purchased on Amazon for $10. There is a topic that will be talked about each week and you can watch those sermons right here every week. There will be on demand video that you can watch at any time or at set times on the web at 6pm Saturday nights and 11 am Sunday mornings (I think, I'm 99% sure on those times). There are podcasts too if that works better for you.There is a daily reading that is in the workbook that is only a few verses long, and there is some homework, but not difficult. You get out what you put in when it comes to this. I can help answer any questions you have or you can contact that church it self. I'm not going to twist anyone's arm to do this. If you don't do this I won't take it personally, but I feel that I at least have to offer this to anyone who needs this or is looking for something like this. Pastor Hudnall does a great job of explaining why anyone would need to go through this series and what to expect in this video here. I've also posted the promo video below and here is the link to the site that talks about it in more detail.


Break Free 2012 Promo from Radiant Church on Vimeo

There I'm off my soap box for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...