Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SOL Sunflowr Milk Review

While shopping at my local health market I went to buy my usual dairy free milk, hemp milk. However, I noticed a new product on the shelves, SOL Sunflower Seed Milk. It was half the price of the hemp milk and since we love Sunbutter I thought why not try it.

Nutrition wise it's pretty good, much better then rice milk, and even some soy milks. It's not as good as hemp, but not too bad. It's a little darker in color then hemp and it does have a nutty flavor. However, the flavor isn't over powering or too strong. I've used it in soups, baked goods, and on cereal and it tastes just fine. I tried just the original I thought it was a bit sweet, but it only has 1 gram of sugar, much less then most rice and soy milks. I might try the unsweetened, but the original is fine too. I might need to not put it on sugary cereal. My daughter doesn't mind the taste of it at all, which is a very good sign.

Over all, I probably buy it again when the food budget is tight or my hemp milk is gone (which is often).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...