Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oven Baked Doughnuts


Since going gluten free I haven't had a doughnut in what seems like ages. I saw this pan in a Bed Bath and Beyond catalog and I thought it was a good idea. I went to the store and checked out this pan that says it makes doughnuts in the oven. I love the whole concept of it: simple, no frying, and the pan is dishwasher safe. It came with some recipes, but I was able to make it gluten free. The add in the catalog said it could be made with any cake mix, although the packaging said nothing of the kind. However, I still think you could use a GF cake mix to make doughnuts in this pan, I haven't tried it yet, but I bet Namaste's Spice Cake mix would be awesome as doughnuts. I've made these regular and chocolate and my family just loves them. My daughter can finally have doughnuts.

Doughnuts
2 cups Pamela's Pancake Mix
3/4 cups sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 eggs
2 Tbs oil
3/4 milk of your choice ( I used hemp or soy)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbs cocoa powder (optional for chocolate doughnuts)


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
Mix together batter until well combined. Spray doughnut pan with lots of cooking spray, it has a nice coating on it, but the oil is very important, it's what makes the doughnuts have that nice doughnut fired like texture and it helps them rise. You'll have to spray your pan for each batch. Fill the pan cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake doughnuts for 9 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before taking them out. Put on glaze or powdered sugar. Makes 12-14 doughnuts.

3 comments:

  1. WOW ! this is nice blog blog.
    This is great recipe,I love it ,thanks for sharing this recipe ,its really delicious recipe .
    gluten free recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I saw the same Bed Bath and Beyond ad and passed right over it. Might have to go pick up one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope all of you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...