Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chocolate Banana Bread with Sunbutter Swirl

Weekends are insane at our house because of all the volunteering we do at church, especially me. Not only do I have to plan for meals for the family while I'm gone, but also my own meals to take with me too. I find that life is made a little easier on the weekends if I make some sweet bread or muffins to take with me that I can eat as a snack or as breakfast when I'm at church super early. This weekend was an extra long one and I wanted to make some banana bread to snack on but I didn't want just plain banana bread. So I thought why not jazz it up and you know it was so good and easy to do too.


Chocolate Banana Bread with Sunbutter Swirl
Banana Bread recipe from Pamela's Baking Mix
3 Tbs coco powder
1/4 cup Sunbutter Orginal Spread ( you can use peanut butter or any nut butter you like)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Make banana bread according to the recipe from Pamela's. Using a measuring cup, take out 1/3 cup of the batter and set side. Add the coco powder to the remaining batter and mix until well blended. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Mix together the reserved batter with the Sunbutter until well blended. Dollop the Sunbutter mixture on top of the batter in the loaf pan. Take a butter knife or spatula and  swirl it around in a figure 8 pattern to mix the two batters. You don't want them perfectly mixed, but well enough to get some Sunbutter into every slice. Bake for 1 hour as directed on package.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...